MATRIC, a stepping stone, a coming of age, a time of change, a time of growth and planning, a time of living and enjoying, a beginning for some and an end or transition for others. Well atleast for me it was the beginning of transition.
In university, you come and go as you please. The many different choices you make and the repercussions of those decisions will be yours and yours alone because you are now an adult in university . University is very different from high school just by the personal freedoms, the classroom and the social life.
Personal freedom is a very important thing people like to have. Everyone likes to be able to do what they want, whenever they want. When you are living away from home, you are faced with a great deal of independence that you do not have in high school. In University you manage your own time. No one is there to tell you what needs to be done. Attending classes in high school where as University it isn’t.
This change is a huge step that a student will either adjust to or struggle with. The more prepared a person is to face the differences, the more successful they might be in the long run..
10 ways to adjust to the University life that helped me:
- Know what goals you want to achieve
- Manage your time
- Have a schedule on how you want to achieve the goals you have set up
- Know how to balance your priorities
- Do not be consumed by the university social life
- Choose your friends wisely
- Attend tutorials if you do not understand anything ( ask for help where you need to)
- Do not take your semester tests or exams for granted
- Never give up your dreams are within your reach
- Study smart!!